Health & Energy Company
3316 Augusta Avenue
Omaha, NE 68144
During the last thirty years, we have helped our clients to improve the safety, comfort, energy efficiency and resale value of their homes.
Your Complete Satisfaction is Unconditionally Guaranteed!
Almost 50 percent of the annual energy costs for homes in the USA are for heating and cooling. The American Lung Association reported that air pollution in average homes is between two and ten times worse than outside.
The Energy Star program has clearly demonstrated that the safest, most comfortable, and energy efficient homes are tight and always have the fresh air provided by a fan through a very high-efficiency air filter at a rate that occupants control.
Our infrared camera, portable blower door and puffs of non-toxic theatrical smoke will enable you to see where air leaks to-and-from the exterior. NOTE: In the average American home, doors and windows typically account for only about 20% of the total leakage.
You will receive a variety of free sample materials to seal unwanted air leaks without adversely affecting the beauty of your home.
Until the testing and consulting services are completed, you may not know what they are worth to you. After you have observed the testing and consulting services and received a written report, you are not obligated to pay more than you decide our services have been worth to you. The limit on how much I will accept is $297.
We Can Help You to:
- Safely minimize heating and air conditioning bills
- Improve comfort summer and winter.
- Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Reduce entry of dust, radon, moisture, microbes and insects.
- Mitigate existing mold and prevent new mold growth.
- Reduce entry of outside noise.
- Prevent freezing of water pipes.
- Protect roofing by preventing ice dams.
- Prevent cracking of exterior paint.
- Limit indoor levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that would otherwise diminish your cognitive abilities, including crisis response, information usage, and strategy. Source: http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/15-10037/
Contact us to discuss your concerns, obtain further information and/or to schedule an appointment.
Hidden Air Leaks
In the winter, drafty windows and doors, cold walls or ceilings, and ice build-up or ice dams on the roof are all symptoms of air leaks or poor insulation in the attic.
In the summer, ceilings that are hot to the touch and upstairs rooms that are uncomfortably hot, no matter how low the A/C is set, can also be a sign of excessive air leakage and/or insufficient insulation. Sealing air leaks can make your home more comfortable and help you get full performance from your insulation and your heating and cooling system.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), through its ENERGY STAR Home Sealing program, recommends locating and sealing unwanted air leaks to stop drafts and get the full performance from insulation.
Your House is a System!
Having efficient heating system and air conditioning systems, along with adequate insulation is important, but looking at all the options together can maximize energy efficiency, comfort, and indoor air quality.
Characteristics of Healthy and Energy Efficient Homes
- Entry of drafts, dust, pollen and insects is blocked by sealing cracks and holes in the building shell and minimizing leakage through doors and windows.
- An energy recovery ventilator to provide fresh air, recover most of the energy from the outgoing stale air, and help to keep indoor humidity within a healthy range.
- High-efficiency air filters to remove microbes, soot, allergens, etc. from incoming and recirculating air.
- Highly insulated walls and attic.
- Combustion systems with powered exhausts to effectively remove combustion gasses.
- Humidity control systems that keep the relative humidity below 50% to discourage survival of mold and dust mites.
- An accurate and reliable air pressure monitor that enables users to prevent back-drafting of combustion systems and minimize entry of radon from the soil.
Here are the Frequently Found During Tests of 11,500 Typical Homes
Percentage of typical homes that had problems affecting health and/or comfort:
86% Particulate matter (pollen, allergens, irritants, and toxins).
71% Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that endanger health (some do not smell bad).
47% Excessive levels of Carbon Dioxide that induces drowsiness and can diminish mental abilities.
43% Excessive humidity during cooling season.
17% Excessive temperature variations.
2% Carbon Monoxide from combustion of fuels.